MALAMADO VIOGNIER POACHED PEARS WITH LAVENDER CREAM
- 6 pears
- 100 g sugar
- 500 ml Malamado Viogner
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 g single cream
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g lavender flowers
- Wash and peel the pears. Stand them up in a high-sided saucepan then pour in the Malamado Viognerbefore adding the sugar, anise, and the cinnamon stick.
- The liquid should cover more than two-thirds of the pears. Bake at 180 ºC until the pears are tender.
- Place cream and lavender flowers in a small saucepan and heat until the mixture just starts to simmer.
- Remove cream from heat, strain, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Then whip the lavender cream with remaining sugar and set aside.
- When pears are tender, remove from heat and let them cool before garnishing with a spoonful of lavender cream.